Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February!

In the picture me, Neelu, and April! Our Junior League graduation!

Well, what a joyful weekend. A wonderful friend April ended up spending the cold snowy weekend with us. We had a great time. Friday she was stuck in Jackson around noon, which made the perfect excuse for a fun filled weekend of chatting and catching up. April was with me last year all through the events of Tennessee Pewter and the building. Sometimes it takes a friend to really help get through a crisis and she was there for the good days and the not so good days. There were times last summer we would go to dinner and April knew I was physically there, but maybe not really mentally. How many days was I worried of someone getting hurt by a brick falling on them? Saturday we went to Somerville and she toured my new shop.

April, you get all the credit for your phrase, "Some people look at their lives as a standard slate to make a life, and some people embrace the world and create their own destiny." What a thought. Everyone really does fall into one of these two catagories, one is not better than the other, one is just far more riskier and at times stressful and at better times successful beyond belief. The risk taker must at times flock with other risk takers in order to be understood. The joys of making ones dreams come true is beyond words to really be a success. Its a quiet path to really leading an enriched life. No one can understand the path in life one chooses, but it helps to ask people why and how did you make your choices. April and I are far different in that she has lived in a few places where I have lived in Mississippi and Tennessee both places of which I have homes because I can not let go and love each equally. At 30 the whole world is ours to conquer. It's just a matter of time and the path we will take to make our dreams come true.

After this weekend I urge you to make sure you have a friend who is like a mirror and can look at you and give you honest feedback, supportive, and will say your a great person. Surround yourself with a team of supporters they will cheer you on and be with you through your failures. In order to succeed one must fail to really enjoy the fruits of success.

Today is February 1 and I am so glad....I hate winter, which has me to my next project of getting a house in Florida. I must getaway during the cold months and most other times we could find an excuse. Well, maybe first I better go work on these orders that are backed-up on the board.

Have a great day and Happy February!

What are your dreams and how good are your friends? Are you living your life or someone else's?

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment