Friday, May 7, 2010

Hurray for Spring!!!!



Well, it has been a fabulous 2010! The pewter company is doing just wonderful. I really enjoy what I do, maybe its just all the hard work to get through to the glamour. The glossy magazine articles are fun, but when the readers come visit me, they will ask where is the pretty girl in the picture? After I proceed to listen to nice things about myself I just smile on the inside. They talk about me in third person like I am not that person in the articles. I mean really folks, you can't make metal items in Vineyard Vines dresses.
Anyhow, the company is low stress so that's great!
I have been on some wonderful trips this spring with friends who are just gifts from above. My cousin Jane Jameson and great friend Alice Nunn took a fantastic trip to the Alluvian Hotel in Greenwood. My friend Beth Williams is the General Manager. Wow! What a great time. Also went to an estate sale where I found some pieces that just spoke to me. Yes, they came north in an Uhaul. I just love beautiful things that speak to me. Oh yes, I took my oh so cute hubby back down after April 15 and to pick up my second load of pieces from the sale. We just love the Delta.
The kids are doing well. Forrest and Natchez had their portrait taken earlier this spring and it is being framed as I write this blog. They are my true constant companions. I believe they are the greatest dogs in the world.
Dan and I also attended the Holly Spring home tour or Pilgrimage. I think its true some really are still fighting the War of Northen Agression. (I have a book I found depicting all the injuctices that the federals did to confederates, thats a whole other blog). Anyway we saw some very pretty houses. Our house was on the Historic Tour here in Brownsville. Maybe I am biased but I thought my house was just a pretty as those in Holly Springs.
Are you in control of your destiny?
Happy Weekend!

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment